- Evolution is compatible with faith in God.
- Humankind isn’t necessarily the center of God’s plan and that other species matter as well.
- The bible is inspired but not infallible.
- Faithful persons can have serious questions about their beliefs.
- Persons of other faiths also receive revelations from God.
- Non-Christians, atheists, and agnostics can be “saved.”
- Progressives have a prayer life and believe in divine healing.
- Persons of faith are interested in saving the earth.
- God treasures ethnic, sexual, religious and cultural diversity.
- Persons can disagree without hating one another.
- The Bible supports an ethic of social concern supports the rights of immigrants and the recent health care initiatives.
- Jesus’ had female followers and these women were given the Great Commission before their male companions.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Bruce Epperly, a Disciple/UCC pastor and professor at Lancaster Theological Seminary, calls for a Progressive Christian revival in a guest post at Bob Cornwall's blog. Among a few of the positions that Epperly champions are